Skip to main content

Entry #3 Winter Morning Breeze

Picture this! 

For today’s blog, I would like to explore eating something unknown to you. In a yoga class I have previously taken, we did a meditation similar to what I would like to explore with you. During that meditation, the yoga teacher gave the students chocolates. We were told to close our eyes and feel the packaging of the chocolate, and when we were finally able to eat it, we had to let the chocolate melt in our mouths with our eyes still closed to enhance the experience of eating chocolate. So, for this blog entry, I will do my best to describe the feel and taste of something that is currently unknown to you, the audience. Please feel free to guess what I am describing throughout the blog post.  

Packaging 

To begin with this experience, you must first explore the packaging of the item. The item could be packaged in numerous ways; it could be in a smooth, cool-to-the-touch metal tin, or it could be individually wrapped in smooth plastic.  

The plastic packaging can crinkle in your hand when you wrap your fingers around it, and you can feel the ridges of the sharp edges poking into your fingers when you grip it. The item can be as small as a penny but no bigger than a nickel. In that case, you can hold multiple in your hand, and the plastic packaging will feel the same; the sharp ridges of the plastic will be digging into your hand. To open this item, you can grab the edges of the plastic and rip it open. The ridges in the edges of the plastic can make it easier to open. 

The cool metal tin packaging can be smooth to the touch; it could also be at a very cool temperature, or the item is at body temperature, depending on where you store it. The metal tin can fit in the palm of your hand, or the tin can be as small as a business card. To open this metal tin, you will usually be able to do so by twisting the lid off or by pulling the lid off.  

Taste 


After you have successfully opened this item, you can move on to tasting it. Once this item is removed from the packaging, you can place it on your tongue. There are two ways to eat this: one, you can bite down on it, eliciting a crunching sound, or two, you can let it sit on your tongue, allowing the flavors to present themselves fully.  

The smell of this item is sharp and sweet. It can bring back memories of winter mornings when the air is crisp and clean. Its smell and flavor are similar to one another; they both provide an energizing and rejuvenating feeling.  

The flavors that burst through are refreshing and revitalizing. This item elicits the feeling of a winter breeze in your mouth. The flavor can sometimes feel like it moves from your mouth to your nose, making it feel a little tingling. 

Final Thoughts 


Now that we have both gone on this journey, I would love to know if you were able to guess what I was describing before I revealed it. Otherwise, if you were not able to guess what it was, I will now enlighten you as to what the item is. In this blog post, I was describing a mint: the way it can be packaged, the way it can feel in your hand, the way it tastes in your mouth, and how that can make you feel. Please let me know if I was descriptive enough and if you were able to tell what I was describing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #5 Mayhem

Mayhem  Today, we will be looking at analyzing an Allstate commercial where mayhem is wreaking havoc on others. In this post, I will be focusing on the purpose of the advertisement and the design elements of the advertisement. I think it is an immensely useful tool to analyze the media you are consuming, whether that is media you are consciously choosing to indulge in or unconsciously consuming, like advertisements.  Purpose  The purpose of the Mayhem Promposal advertisement beyond its need to sell its product is to promote being prepared for the unexpected by showcasing examples of where things can happen out of your control. This is shown in the Promposal advertisement when Mayhem has seemingly affected the wind, which then causes the house to be set on fire. It shows that the unexpected can happen at any time, and it is better to have some sort of protection that can help you after an unfortunate event.  Design  The main thing you see when the advertisement ...

Entry #2 Learning Languages Part 2

My Language Learning Journey Since I briefly touched on my hobby of learning the Korean language in my last blog post, I figured I can go further in depth for you and explain why I am learning this language and other methods I am using besides the ones mentioned in the last post. Hopefully, this can help you either start learning a language or try any of methods I used to help you on your own journey.  First Introduction to Korea Image Source by Viarami via Pixabay The first time I was introduced to the Korean language was in 2012 when PSY’s “ Gangnam Style ” was everywhere and was being constantly played on the radio. However, it did not catch my attention at the time, and I was not aware it was even in Korean. The next time it caught my attention was in 2014-2015, I was browsing YouTube and was introduced once again to Korean music, I was shown artists such as BTS, GOT7, and EXO. I was captivated by the type of music these artists were making and I had spent some time looking in...

Entry #8 Farming Simulators

Farming Simulators  Recently, I’ve spent a considerable amount of time playing farming simulator games. Before playing Stardew Valley, I had never actually played a farming simulator before, so I thought in this post I could introduce the two main farming simulators I am currently playing, which are Stardew Valley and Coral Island.   Stardew Valley  Image Source via Stardew Valley Stardew Valley is an open RPG (role-playing game) developed by Eric Barone, aka ConcernedApe, and was released in 2016. In this game, the player inherits a farm from their grandfather; the player can either live off the land while helping to restore the town to greatness. It also receives continuous updates to the game; just recently, the game was updated to version 1.6; this update implemented many fixes, visual improvements, and new features and content. This game is extrem...