Skip to main content

Entry #10 Blogging Experience

That’s a Wrap! 


The entire reason this blog was created was because it was a project for my English class. Before having done this, I had never blogged or even thought about blogging; now that I’ve done this, I admit it was a very enlightening experience. I thought going over my thoughts and feelings about blogging would be a nice closing point.    

Thoughts 


I never really saw the point in running a blog; I didn’t understand why others would want to do that. However, after doing this for a few months, I think blogging is actually quite challenging. From having to think about topics that might interest the audience while also interesting you, the writer, to having to find images to use and fit the topic of the blog post.   

I do think this experience has made me a better writer. By partaking in this project, I have been forced to think about and focus on things such as purpose, keeping a consistent tone and voice throughout the blog posts, and trying to engage the audience. I do think this project was quite beneficial to me as a writer.    

Feelings 

During this project, I have felt that it was rather thought-provoking. There were various things I had to keep in mind when creating the blog posts, such as the rhetoric and whether an image would be appropriate to the topic/purpose of the blog post. It was tough trying to decide on engaging and interesting topics for the posts; however, I would recommend that others try running a blog.    

Final Thoughts 

Even though this blog post is 9 years old, it offers relevant advice on running a blog. I would recommend trying and running your own blog; it is a very enlightening experience, and you might learn more about yourself. This article also touches on being a casual blogger and why it is okay to just write for fun. Thanks for joining me on this journey!

Comments

  1. Glad to see 4 new entries for the last GP, Alyna. Solid new ideas and topics and writing flow. Great visuals. Nice job with analysis and significance. You have done really well with this project...maybe you should keep blogging after class ends!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #5 Mayhem

Mayhem  Today, we will be looking at analyzing an Allstate commercial where mayhem is wreaking havoc on others. In this post, I will be focusing on the purpose of the advertisement and the design elements of the advertisement. I think it is an immensely useful tool to analyze the media you are consuming, whether that is media you are consciously choosing to indulge in or unconsciously consuming, like advertisements.  Purpose  The purpose of the Mayhem Promposal advertisement beyond its need to sell its product is to promote being prepared for the unexpected by showcasing examples of where things can happen out of your control. This is shown in the Promposal advertisement when Mayhem has seemingly affected the wind, which then causes the house to be set on fire. It shows that the unexpected can happen at any time, and it is better to have some sort of protection that can help you after an unfortunate event.  Design  The main thing you see when the advertisement ...

Entry #2 Learning Languages Part 2

My Language Learning Journey Since I briefly touched on my hobby of learning the Korean language in my last blog post, I figured I can go further in depth for you and explain why I am learning this language and other methods I am using besides the ones mentioned in the last post. Hopefully, this can help you either start learning a language or try any of methods I used to help you on your own journey.  First Introduction to Korea Image Source by Viarami via Pixabay The first time I was introduced to the Korean language was in 2012 when PSY’s “ Gangnam Style ” was everywhere and was being constantly played on the radio. However, it did not catch my attention at the time, and I was not aware it was even in Korean. The next time it caught my attention was in 2014-2015, I was browsing YouTube and was introduced once again to Korean music, I was shown artists such as BTS, GOT7, and EXO. I was captivated by the type of music these artists were making and I had spent some time looking in...

Entry #8 Farming Simulators

Farming Simulators  Recently, I’ve spent a considerable amount of time playing farming simulator games. Before playing Stardew Valley, I had never actually played a farming simulator before, so I thought in this post I could introduce the two main farming simulators I am currently playing, which are Stardew Valley and Coral Island.   Stardew Valley  Image Source via Stardew Valley Stardew Valley is an open RPG (role-playing game) developed by Eric Barone, aka ConcernedApe, and was released in 2016. In this game, the player inherits a farm from their grandfather; the player can either live off the land while helping to restore the town to greatness. It also receives continuous updates to the game; just recently, the game was updated to version 1.6; this update implemented many fixes, visual improvements, and new features and content. This game is extrem...